COVID‑19 Pandemic

Due to the COVID‑19 pandemic, there will be delays in the processing mail by the Military Police Complaints Commission of Canada.

As such, we highly encourage you to contact the MPCC, by email or using our toll free number 1‑800‑632‑0566 (toll free).

How to Make a Complaint

Conduct Complaints

Anyone, civilian or military, directly affected or not, can make a complaint about the conduct of Military Police members in the performance of their policing duties, e.g., during an investigation, the enforcement of laws or the arrest or custody of a person.

Interference Complaints

Only a member of the Military Police who conducts or supervises a military police investigation and believes a member of the Canadian Armed Forces or the Department of National Defence has interfered with or attempted to influence an investigation may file a complaint of interference.

Time limit

A complaint must be made within one year of the incident in question. However, the MPCC Chairperson can extend the time limit if circumstances warrant. In requesting a time extension, include as much detail as possible and explain the delay in making the complaint.

Complaints to the MPCC can be submitted by telephone at 613-947-5625 | Toll-free 1-800-632-0566 (general inquiries).

NOTE: Telephone conversations may be recorded for accuracy purposes.

In writing: The MPCC encourages the use of its complaint form (available in PDF version only, 1.7 MB). Note you can complete and submit this form online.

IMPORTANT: The complaint form opens by default with Adobe Reader. For better functionality, please ensure you have the latest version. If you are using a different reader such as Foxit and are unable to open the form, right click on the form link and select an alternate reader from the list. Otherwise, proceed with one of these alternate options to download the form to your device. Once saved, you may email the completed form.

You may also print and complete the form and hand-deliver, mail or fax to:

Military Police Complaints Commission of Canada
270 Albert Street, 10th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1P 5G8
Fax: 613-947-5713 | Toll-free 1-877-947-5713

Conduct or interference complaints may also be made by phone, fax, mail or hand delivered to the Canadian Forces Provost Marshal or the Judge Advocate General. Conduct complaints may be made to any member of the Military Police.

Canadian Forces Provost Marshal
2200 Walkley Road
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K2
Telephone: 613-949-1000 | Fax: 613-949-1637

Office of the Judge Advocate General
National Defence Headquarters
Constitution Building, 305 Rideau Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K2
Telephone: 613-992-3019 | Fax: 613-995-3155

Case summaries of the conduct and interference complaints the MPCC has investigated are available online.

Date modified: