Information on the Commission Reports
Once a review or investigation of a complaint has been completed by the Commission, with or without a public hearing, the Chair is required to prepare an interim report including all findings and recommendations.
This interim report is submitted to the Minister of National Defence, the Chief of the Defence Staff or the Deputy Minister, depending on the circumstances, the Judge Advocate General, and the Provost Marshal.
Depending on the nature of the complaint, the report is reviewed by one of the people mentioned above and that person notifies both the Chair and the Minister of any action that has been taken or will be taken with respect to the complaint.
While the Chair's report is not binding, if there is a refusal to act on any of the findings or recommendations, the response to the Chair and the Minister must provide an explanation.
After considering the official written response to the interim report, the Chair prepares a final report of findings and recommendations.
Copies of the final report are given to the following:
- the Minister of National Defence;
- the Deputy Minister of National Defence;
- the Chief of the Defence Staff;
- the Judge Advocate General;
- the Provost Marshal;
- the complainant;
- the person who is the subject of the complaint; and
- all persons who have satisfied the Commission that they have a substantial and direct interest in the complaint.
- Date modified: